Alan Daly has put together the most creative iPad set up (to date). Daly mounted his iPad into one of his kitchen cabinets and now has a full-fldged computing device at his finger tips whenever making pancakes or cooking a steak.
The potential for the iPad in the kitchen is pretty much limited only by the imagination of the thousands of great App developers out there – here’s a few ideas / enhancements I plan in the future, in case you missed them in the YouTube video description:
- Install a power source as mentioned.
- Use Apple’s Remote App to stream my entire music collection from my iMac to the kitchen stereo via Airport express (I did this with an iPhone before installing the iPad in the kitchen but unfortunately, at the time of writing, Apple haven’t updated the Remote App yet to work in landscape mode on the iPad.
- Install EyeTv to stream live TV on the iPad
- Install Wunder Radio to stream radio to the iPad
- Replace the (admittedly ‘eighties’) mini-stereo in the kitchen cabinet (which amplifies the audio feed from the iPad) with some sort of powered speakers.
- Coverflow for browsing music on the iPad would be nice – that was a surprising omission from the device’s iPod function by Apple.
For more details on the iPad cabinet installation, check out Daly’s website.